Smithers Community Services Association is a non-profit organization that believes in raising the bar on what it means to do a good job. As a member of the Smithers Community Services team, you are fully engaged in your work, you take personal responsibility for your experience with the Association, you are a professional who operates from a place of ethics and integrity and you are prepared to evolve, change and grow as a result of working here.
PROGRAM: The Meadows
POSITION: Visitation Clerk / Housekeeping / Sanitization – Temporary Part-time
The Meadows Assisted Living is an Independent Living BC (ILBC) project and a partnership between Smithers Community Services Association, BC Housing, and the Northern Health Authority, providing seniors with affordable housing, social and recreation activities, hospitality and personal care services. The partnership allows people who require some assistance but not 24-hour care, to remain living independently.
The Visitation Clerk supports the Site Manager with the visitation process by ensuring cleanliness and order of visitation space, performing light cleaning duties and deeper cleaning requirements, ensuring space is configured according to physical distancing requirements, and is adequately stocked with hand hygiene supplies. The visitation clerk may be required to book visitor appointments according to established procedures, assist visitors with completing required documentation including reviewing the screening checklist, maintain records and perform other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Meadows Site Manager
Direct Reports: No direct reports
- Wipes down and sanitizes surfaces according to established procedures and alerts supervisor when additional cleaning may be required.
- Maintains the visitation space by ensuring hand hygiene supplies are available during each visit and that the layout supports physical distancing requirements;
- Books visitor appointments according to established procedures.
- Greets visitor to provide information on hand hygiene, cough etiquette, physical distancing and PPE requirements and provides documentation such as screening checklist, sign in sheet, and declaration form for review and signature.
- Escorts visitor and/or resident to/from visitation space..
- Maintains electronic records of visitors as well as services provided to residents for reporting purposes
- Updates contact lists and directories.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- One year's recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with all people
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to use various forms of technology and keyboard at 40 wpm
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and appropriate relationships with residents and/or their families/representatives
- Ability to comply with safe work practices and food safe handling practices
- Possess good listening, problem solving and communication skills.
- Basic Level 1 technical skills required
The team members at Smithers Community Services Association possess similar personal characteristics while at the same time are encouraged to bring their diverse thoughts, opinions and styles to their work. We highly value our team members and support each person to be successful in their role. Individuals who possess the following qualities are the best fit in our organization.
- Grounded in a people-first approach, working diligently to achieve the goals and objectives of the clients and the organization
- Open, self-aware and authentic with a desire to nurture this in others
- A strategic, critical thinker, accountable for your actions, modeling personal responsibility and initiative in your decision-making
- Flexible in your style, take pride in your work and contribute with the whole team in mind
- Focused on genuine dialogue that is collaborative and straight-forward with an insatiable curiosity about the people and the community you serve
- Collaborative, proactive and solution-focused in your approach, with the intent to find win/win solutions
- Be familiar with and adhere to the philosophy, policies and procedures of the Association.
- Represent the Association positively and professionally at all times.
- Understand and be committed to terms of confidentiality, and sign a pledge of confidentiality.
- Undergo a Criminal Record Search as and when required by the Association
- Actively participate in regular performance evaluations.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.